Thursday, July 10, 2008

MT08 - Day 6

Today was the end of our regularly scheduled programing. We led the VBS for the last time this morning and said goodbye to our new little friends after lunch. It was pretty touching to see the way they surrounded our team and held on for dear life. I literally had to pry kids off of some of our team members. As I reflected on the VBS, I noted that the kids moved from standing like lumps on day one to dancing with us in worship on day four. They could recite back the virtues and obviously thrived on the attention that we had given them. The only thing that didn't change was the insane noise level when they ate lunch. I wished we had brought along our own "sa-kur-ity." I want to give a shout out to Sommer because the leaders at this program were blown away by our planning and execution of the VBS.

We also finished our work project today. The team finished insulating the entire house and installed sheetrock in about 70% of the ceilings. It was an amazing feat for a crew that had little experience. The owner was very appreciative as it brought him one step closer to helping his daughter move back to the city with her family. 

After we ate dinner and chilled at the hotel we all ran up the road to a little "snow ball" (like a high end snow cone) stand and then walked over the levy to Lake Pontchartrain for a stroll on the beach. I was amazed to see Ryan surfing the epic waves on his salvage surfboard. 

It was a great day! This has been so much fun for me and I can't wait until tomorrow. I am so thankful to have such a great group to pastor. - Todd 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow! this one made me cry! i am so glad to hear of God's progress there and in the lives of you all!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of each of you. You are a great example. God will work through this trip long after you've returned home. Be safe.

Donnie