Friday, June 18, 2010

My Favorite Part of Student Life 2010

So, the trip is over and everyone is home and I'm not even sure this blog will get checked again until the next trip we go on, but I felt compelled to share my favorite moment from student life camp.

On Thursday night after a huge celebration service we went back to our church group time and began to discuss the fact that we were leaving to go home the next day. What happened next was amazing, all of our students began to discuss ways, very practical ways, that they could continue to live out their faith once they got home, back into the real world. They realized that it is easy to live out their faith at a Christian camp where you can walk up to people and say "Fist bump for Jesus!" but back in the real world, at school, at work, or even at home that doesn't always fly. The rest of the world doesn't respond the same way. So the students came up with all these practical ways they could live out their faith, it was like a huge brainstorming session and while they were discussing Todd began writing down all their ideas. They asked themselves the question "why not me, why not now?"

I can't wait to hear about how these words on this board turn into real, tangible actions.

A.J. Viola
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: